
[Another Old View of My Apartment]
[from an email to Stef]the real world you ask? Well, first of all, when you are all alone in a new city with not a single person you know...you have two options: to sit on your ass all day or to go explore. I have done both these things. Both have made me go to sleep a lot sooner than necessary. Its quite boring on your own at first. Especially when it is so hot. Its too hot to want to make you go explore but yet the pirate spirit gets you some days and away you go into the real world.*COMMERCIAL BREAK* Really cool things about Brantford
1. There is a mall thingy/ movie theatre right across the street from my apartment...matinees are only $3 and regular showtimes are $4.25, even for adults.
2. Library is about a block away, looks nice, bought a book there for 50 cents.
3. Farmers Market is just behind the library. Good cheap veggies and things. Bought corn and pretty pretty flowers for my apartment. Total bill was like $5.
4. All the buildings here are old and beautiful, even the money mart ten feet from my house is old with big gothic angels on it. Once I get my camera I will take pics and show you.
5. On Fridays, they have live music in the park right behind my house. Jazz and wunderbar things like that.
6. Everything is so close, my bank, schools, the bus station, the grocery store, the movie theatre, the library, the theatre!
7. Oh the theatre! Its literally just down the street and they are going to be having the coolest live acts! Just For Laughs is coming in March, Bob Saget is here next week, a thing of John Lennon (musical i believe?) is in a month and they have a version of Cirque de Solei coming here in September too!
8. I can walk there!
* END OF COMMMERCIAL BREAK*
ANywho, buying groceries for yourself for the first time is quite scary..."is 1.27/lb a good price for grapes? is this like grapes on sale? do I even want grapes? will I eat these grapes before they go bad? how much do these grapes weigh anyways?" now do that for every single item you will buy. every week. for the next four years. Grocery ads are fun too. I don't want to go to four different stores just to buy food.
\r\n \r\nDoing your laundry down the street is fun too. A complete waste of an hour and a half. You have to sit there, and wait, and switch things over and then you get creepy older guys wanting to give me quarters and pizza. STranGe!
The scariest part of the real world is the first night on your own. After that it gets easier. Soon you won\'t want to come home. I like my little apartment. Even when I do accidently unplug the fridge (NEVER DO THAT!)
No comments:
Post a Comment