Sunday, January 29, 2006

Afraid


I don't know what's wrong with me, I don't know if anyone else is feeling like this but as my first night back in my apartment alone - I'm afraid to go to sleep.

Everytime I hear someone in the hallway or a loud noise or a siren my pulse quickens and I get so afraid. I also had two major fears, the first was my residence being on fire and the second was having someone break in. One down.

I really don't know how I will sleep tonight. I'm waiting to hear someone pound on my door or running in the hallways or something...

This whole experience has left me feeling helpless and empty and very tired and lost. I am so far behind in my school work and house work that I'm overwhelmed and very unsure of what to do first and what to do with myself.

Dave was here today and helped me do some dishes. This helped. But its like I can't function. I was never so scared in my life last Tuesday.

I thought that everything I owned was going to be gone, I thought that my life was over. I'm still in shock of seeing the building on fire...I still have that image in my head. I'm still nauseated
.

1 comment:

Enigma said...

Hey... I'll call you as soon as I'm out of class. That looks WAY worse than I imagined it over the phone. I'm glad that you're at home now. Everything will be alright, Holly. You don't need to fear.

"For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power, love, and a sound mind." - some where in His big 'ol Good Book.

^_^

So, cheer up, and relax. If I were you, I'd start with the school work. Leave the housework for later. Your housework isn't being graded, remember?

Take a breather, too.