Monday, September 05, 2005

The Days Go By


I have not blogged in a while and such a shame; that I, a journalist, if only in name cannot lend herself to a few words of woe and glory; sit her butt down and tell her story. POEM'D! Anyways this will be a topical update on everything.

Work

Well my first day was how should we put it...interesting. What I thought would be a two hour shift turned into seven hours of ETA's or in normal speak: Elvis Tribute Artists. And these were hardcore Eli\vis' impersonators my dear. They sang, swang and swagged just like the King himself. Personally, I hate Elvis. My theroy is if he didn't die so "tragically" (overdosed and fat) and his fall from glory wasn't so large (no pun, wait...maybe a pun) he wouldn't have been so fondly remembered. Near the end Elvis wasn't so popular, he was a has been. But because he died in some way other than natural causes (what is unnatural about an overdose? he put too much crap into his body, his body said screw you and he naturally died) he wouldn't be immortalized to the same extent. Either way I really hate Elvis after working that shift.


Church
Yesterday was the first day in two weeks I have been able to get to church and was really looking forward to a good sermon. Instead Sarah and I went downstairs to help out with the little ones. After church I got to talking to Anita and her husband who looks like someone and today in about 40 minutes Sarah, Anita and I are going to paint part of the church. Yeah good deed for the day. I really really love church.

Weekend at Dave's - the Highlights

- Drinking coffee by the river then proceeding to make a "boat" afectionatly named coffee cup - made out of a coffee cup and four pennies. Then watching coffee cup till we could no longer see him - yes, him. Even Dave started refering to coffee cup as a he. LOL
- Throwing pennies into the river and making wishes.
- Running through the sprinkler at the park.

- Eating pitas in a new joint.

- Playing rummy in our pajamas and eating peanut butter cookies

- Just generally being happy.

School

I bought the first of my many textbooks and think they are wunderbar and interesting. Unfournutaly I cannot afford to eat if I buy anymore so I will not. *Sad face* But once I do, oh look out bank account! *Coming Attractions* Yesterday my aunt took me out for lunch and gave me awesome chocolates for my birthday. Today I paint church. Tomorrow I have nothing planned. Wednesday I go to some orientation thingies then Dave comes over. Thursday is my birthday! And Dave is over. Friday Dave is over because it is still my birthday damnit! Saturday Christine comes over! And I got to work. But we hang out when I get home and possibly play the Westlife drinking game! Cause its my birthday damnit! Sunday we go to church, hang out and she goes home *sad face* but school starts the next day! YEAH JOURNALISM! Then I go to school all week (and do all my homework immediately!) and I get picked up thursday night and go to baseball game in Toronto on Friday! Come back home, chill with Dave on Saturday then go to work. Sunday I go to church and go to work and do homework. YEAH! IM SO EXCITING! My life is getting better! Yeah for Wilfrid Laurier and Brantford and Dave and new friends and old friends- who actually visit me! Especially yeah for BIRTHDAY!


No comments: